Frequently Asked Questions
I want to help with the surveys by taking photographs
of grave markers and sending them to Cemetery Census. How do I do that?
- There is a very good guideline to taking Photographic Surveys. Click here for the Ten Tips for Taking a Photographic Cemetery Survey.
I have cemetery surveys and lots of photographs to send to Cemetery Census. What is the best way to do that?
- We recommend the use of FTP software to upload files and photographs to Cemetery Census. Click here for free software and instructions to start uploading to Cemetery Survey.
Why are my parents not listed?
- Check the cemetery listing to see when the last survey was done. If the last survey was done before the date of death, then later burials will be missing. NOTE: you may send the correct information to us via e-mail, and we will add it to the listing.
Why is my family or church cemetery not listed?
- These cemetery listings are recorded by very dedicated and generous volunteers. Evidently, no one has volunteered to record your cemetery yet. NOTE: you may record the cemetery information and send it to us via e-mail, and we will add it to the listings. Let us know you want to do this, as we have some tools and tips that are excellent for recording the data in the format we need.
- Click here to download a Word document for recording a complete cemetery survey.
- Click here to download a PDF document for recording a complete cemetery survey.
- Click here to download a Works database template for recording burials.